Email marketing is not dead! It’s still a viable and low-cost marketing tool that helps you keep in touch with your customers. But how can you make your email marketing messages stand out and attract more customers?
- Be exclusive. Create exclusive promotions that only customers on your email list can take advantage of, such as free shipping or the ability to buy new items not yet released to the general public.
- Be selective. Send out emails only when it’s really something special that customers will get excited about. Bombard them with emails and they’ll unsubscribe.
- Be timely. Pick the right day of the week and the right time to send your email promotions. Not every day and time works for all kinds of companies, so study your analytics to see what gets the best results.
- Be seasonal. Highlight products and services that meet customers’ seasonal needs such as products and services for summer.
- Be helpful. Customers want tips from expert, and you are the expert in your business. Include buying tips or general tips related to your industry and watch your open rate rise
Web.com can simplify your email marketing. Learn more about email marketing services by Web.com.
Rieva Lesonsky is CEO of GrowBiz Media, a media and custom content company focusing on small business and entrepreneurship. Email Rieva at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow her on Google+ and Twitter.com/Rieva, and visit her website, SmallBizDaily.com, to get the scoop on business trends and sign up for Rieva’s free TrendCast reports.