You probably already know that consumers prefer video to text, but did you know that having video on your website can attract 3x as many monthly visitors and double the time spent on your site?
If you’re currently not taking advantage of the many benefits of online video marketing, you might want to take a peek at our new infographic, Why Video Marketing Works. It highlights a few reasons why you might want to consider video marketing for your business.
Here are some reasons why successful small business owners have added video to their sites:
- Video boosts website SEO
Video attracts three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time on site, and increases organic search engine traffic by up to 157 percent.
- Video increases company sales
Internet Retailer found that visitors who view product videos are 85 percent more likely to buy than visitors who do not.
- Video increases consumer confidence
52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their purchases and less likely to seek refunds.
With all these amazing benefits of including video in your marketing mix, it’s no wonder that a vast majority of marketers are already using video to grow their businesses. If you’re ready to be one of them, we suggest to keep the three P’s in mind:
- Plan: Make sure to identify your goals before you start your video—whether your are raising brand awareness or attempting to drive sales—establish your success metrics.
- Produce: Choose a video production company that produces professional high-quality videos, and video styles that suit your goals. You might want to highlight satisfied customers, show off your products or even create a video news release for a grand opening.
- Promote: Once your video is complete, put a social media hat on and start sharing! Share your video to multiple social channels to increase view rates, engagement and social sharing.
Getting a video created for your website is no longer a time-consuming and costly process—small businesses everywhere can now use video to increase sales, obtain greater website traffic and raise brand awareness.
So, are you ready to get started on your very own video?
Colin Osing is VP of Marketing at Somedia. Somedia Networks’ new approach to video production is changing how web services companies, digital agencies, corporations, and broadcast / web media across North America think about video. Get a free quote and begin your production today!
Tim is Director of Social Media at Web.com. A deeply experienced integrated marketing professional, former creative director and writer who operated his own full-service marketing, branding, public relations and design firm for 15 years, Tim provides a wealth of experience in nearly every area of marketing communications encompassing both new and traditional media.