If you’ve been thinking about jumping into the world of online advertising, one of the best places to start is with Google AdWords. Let’s dive into all of the Google Adwords strategies you need to know before you plan a campaign:
What is Google AdWords?
AdWords is Google’s ad platform, but that description doesn’t do it justice. It’s really a search-driven marketing platform that lets you choose who sees your ad based on keywords entered into Google Search.
So if you want to reach potential customers who type “bakery in Santa Monica” into Google, you can!
How does it work?
It’s pretty easy. After you set up your account on Google for Business, simply choose the search terms you want to be found for and your ad will show up in search results.
AdWords is pay-per-click, which means you only pay when a person clicks through to your website. When you create a campaign, you can set a budget to control costs.
Why should I use it?
Your small business will magically appear at the right time: When someone is searching for what you sell. This can:
- Quickly boost leads and/or sales
- Drive traffic to your mobile site or website
- Attract more people to your storefront
How do I create ads people will click on?
I wish I had a quick and easy answer for you! It will take trial and error to see what resonates with your audience, but these tips are a great jumping-off point:
- Create limited-time offers. The sense of urgency can compel people to take action.
- Use images! People respond to them at higher rates than text-based ads.
- Run A/B tests for the same campaign. Whichever ad does better initially is the one you use.
- Use all of the targeting options available so you can better reach the right customers.
- Include the keyword in your ad headline and a strong call-to-action.
Done right, Google AdWords could be a game changer for your small business. If your first campaign doesn’t knock your socks off, study your analytics, learn from your mistakes, and try again.
Want more assistance growing your business online? Join the Web.com Small Business Forum for free access to our library of ebooks, the latest industry news and support from other business owners, entrepreneurs and working professionals. Join a Group to ask questions, share your opinions and grow your network! Visit Web.com to learn about our full range of affordable website design and online marketing services.