Want to show your clients how much you appreciate them for Valentine’s Day – or just because?
There’s just one rule: Make sure whatever you do aligns with their interests and personalities. If you’re not sure what they might like, then it’s likely you’re just starting out in your work together. The next time you talk to them, ask leading questions, like Did you have a good weekend? Any big vacation plans coming up?
Also, it’s important to point out that you don’t have to surprise and delight every single client. I’d only focus on the ones who refer you a lot of business or account for a large chunk of your revenues.
Here are 23 fun ways to surprise and delight clients any time of the year.
- Surprise them with a singing telegram
- Hand-write a thank you or birthday note
- Hand-deliver a product – or gift
- Hire them a personal chef for one night
- Send a book based on their interests
- Send a copy of your favorite cookbook
- Send a copy of a movie you talked about
- Buy them tickets to a concert (even at a small venue)
- Buy them tickets to a sporting event
- Treat them to a meal at the hottest restaurant in town
- Send a bottle of Champagne, Burgundy, single malt Scotch, or hand-crafted Bourbon
- Give them a $100 gift card to Starbucks
- Bake them cookies or brownies – and hand deliver them
- Buy their dog (cat, fish, ferret) treats
- Send flowers from a high-end designer
- Sign them up for a monthly subscription service like BirchBox
- Buy a round of golf
- Introduce them to someone who could change their life (personally or professionally)
- Hire them a babysitter for the night
- Reimburse them for parking meters and garages
- Bring a sweet treat to every meeting
- Offer a variety of beverages and snacks when they come to your office
- Call them – just to say Hi
What do you do to surprise and delight clients?
Want more assistance growing your business online? Join the Web.com Small Business Forum for free access to our library of ebooks, the latest industry news and support from other business owners, entrepreneurs and working professionals. Join a Group to ask questions, share your opinions and grow your network! Visit Web.com to learn about our full range of affordable website design and online marketing services.